Friday, February 09, 2007

Prelude to CNY.

Had the traditional "Sau Kung" CNY makan with the office colleagues this afternoon. This lunch is normally organised by my office prior to CNY. Even though I was on MC I went anyway. Onces a year mah!!! The lunch venue was at Choong Foong, Kampung Subang. This restaurant is a famous haunt for MAS staff working around the Subang Airport area as it provides reasonable food at reasonable prices. I seldom go there now as I am based elsewhere but still go there on occasions like this where there is something to celebrate.
What is "Sau Kong" lunch? I am not certain myself but if I am not wrong it is suppose to be the last big feast for workers to have among friends and working colleagues prior to leaving for the long CNY holidays. This event probably was a tradition in China which was followed here I guess.
We had a 8 course lunch with dessert at the end. We had about 20 people booked for lunch at 1230 pm but due to overwelling customers that was at that place for lunch our food only came around 145 pm. Sorry unable to take any photos of the food as it was finished the moment it
reached the table. Do not stand in the way of hungry men!! Unfortunately, there was no "Yee Shang" this year as it is only available tomorrow by the restautant.
Anyway believe me it was a scrumptious lunch especially the roasted suckling pig!!!!!

Choong Foong.

The Menu for the day.


The attendees...



No comments: