Friday, February 16, 2007

New Addition to the Family!!

Could not get the time to post during the last few days. On the 14th of February, we had our schedule check up with the gynaecologist. Decided to go in the evening. (the previous day my wife complained about some urine discharge, we thought nothing of it). Was told by the Dr.Vignes that the fluid is not urine but fluid from the water bag. As the water bag been leaking for more than 36 hours, the Dr. told us to go the SJMC immediately. Was there by 2150 hrs.


Dr.Vignes decided to give natural birth a try. The tried inducing birth at around 2200 hrs. Nothing much happen for the next few hours. Waited the whole night and Karen did not have any contractions at all! The machine that measure her pressure showed only mild contractions.



So it was decided around 7 am that a Ceasarian section was to be preformed at the water bag was leaking for more than 48 hours already. The baby might get lung infection if that it's not taken out soon.

So Karen was prepared by the hospital staff. She was pushed to the main operating theatre at 830 am for a scheduled 930 am ceaserian. I was very anxious during the wait. Never so anxious in my life. There were several father's also waiting like me at the room. All anxious fathers.


By 1005 am I was told that I had a new born baby girl. Wow! Suddenly, I am a father already. Sure is difficult to comprehen for a while. But my little Princess was born. and we are proud parents of a 3.1 kg girl.

No comments: