Friday, February 09, 2007

Bukit Kuchai Pasar Malam.

Was wondering where to go for dinner in the evening with the wife. Since my long soujorn at home both of us realised that we had eaten at almost every place (well places that suited us anyway) we can think of or recommended by friends near our area where we live. I suddenly thought of the time where I had to change my car tyre at this place at Puchong, remembered the owner telling me about pasar malam on that day. Zoom!!! Off we went looking for this place. Found it quite easily. It was a very large pasar malam, in fact one of the biggest I seen in P.J.
One thing I liked about this pasar malam is that it has a fair mix of Chinese, Malay and Indian traders. This I believe give fair opportunites for all to do business.
Anyway back to the pasar malam, after all the normaly grocery shopping, we decided on the ayam percik, satay and fried kuey teow for dinner. Bungkus all and bring to makan la... Somehow I could not get a fairly decent photo of the ayam percik at the stall for that matter most of the stall at the pasar malam. Maybe my hands were shaking (camera on manual with high exposure) or maybe the stall owner jampi me already. Anyway the ayam percik was pretty much tasteless. Not recommended for my taste. The fried Kuey teow and satay were ok, passable.
This will not be my last visit to this pasar malam. Very interesting and it has a wide variety of provisions that suits most. Price also CHEAP!!!! Remember passing a stall selling vegetable for only RM1 for 3 bundles!!! Imagine ordering a plate of vegetables at the restaurant costing RM8 to RM10 per plate were the vegetable only cost less than RM1 at the market.


Ayam Percik.


Beef and Chicken Satay.


Skewed Chicken Gizzerds(at ayam percik stall).


My favourite doughnut.


RM1 for 3 bundle of vegetables.

No comments: