Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A'Famosa Chicken Ball Rice.

Before I left Melaka, I was adamant to have the famous chicken ball rice at Jonkers street. I was last there about 5 years ago and the place still look the same ad mist the new facade of the exterior. The rice they sell was compresses into a ball and it sold by the piece. I remember the last time the rice was very tasty but wasn't the case this time. I wonder why? We ordered an array of food for only two of us. I though since we there why not... The best one of our ordered was the otak otak. I on of those persons who tries thing once but if I don't like it I not have it again but this otak otak was a pleasant surprise from the last one I had. Then again the last otak otak I had was in Singapore so maybe I am a bit prejudice about it.
Nothing special about the food but only the atmosphere were you eat as it brings you back into history were Jonkers street was a part of history and we sitting there at that moment in time was part of some history. People come and go but the place remains.

Celebrities Visiting the Shop.
Siew Yoke.
Chilly with ginger and Vinegar.
Quarter boiled and Roast Chicken.
The all Famous chicken ball rice.
Otak Otak.
Taugeh.

No comments: