Friday, March 09, 2007

Haji Samuri Satay, Elite Highway Rest stop.

On the way back from work today I decide to stop at the rest stop just before the Putrajaya turnoff at the Elite highway. Went direct to the Haji Samuri satay establishment to buy some satay. They have various variety of meat including venison, mutton and rabbit. I tried all of them, the best so far was the venison. Nice and tender. Anyway, the best thing about this place is the peanut sauce that they serve. It is what makes them famous I guess. But I must say it's very sweet. Must be the added sugar in it. This had stopped me from buying it very often but when I do get the satay I enjoy very drop of the sauce. I too ordered the nasi himpit (I call it compress rice) to go with the satay and had it to go. I had the one of the most enjoyable dinner at home today.



Nasi Himpit.


No comments: