Friday, May 09, 2008

L'Entrecote, Rue Austerlit, Toulouse.

Last Thursday ,I had a rare chance of getting some free time during the weekdays to roam the town too look for some decent food. This place was told to me that it was highlightly recommended in the Tourist brochure. It seems it only serves one main menu that is beef but it will be cooked differently everday. That will be easy to order I thought. No problems of my wife saying "anything will do". We were there at about 7pm they had few customers, initially impression was that they had lots of staff for few customers. As the night went on, I realise that they had a queue infront of the restaurant. I must be good.
The waiteress came and told us the only order we can do is that, How do we want of beef? Rare, medium or well done. We wanted medium and well done. We ordered a bottle of wine and an espiritif called 'Khir' (I think). The wine was a house pouring one. It went well with the meat.
The mains came with fries. The first plate came with only a few slices of meat with lots of fries, its a rip off my initial thoughts but a few moments later a main serving plate of the well done and meduim beef came. It was soaked in oil, ie. olive oil. My first bite, it tasted very good, a bit spicy and the beef was very tender. It reminded me of the beef rendang minus the spicyness. No wonder this place had a queue. Cleaned my plate.
I thought it was reasonable too. The meal came out to 100 Euros for 5 persons, which works out to be 20 Euros each. This includes dessert. I don't think you can get meat with these prices in K.L. We left the place thinkning of returing before we leave for home next month.




The house pouring wine.

"Khir?"


Beef in olive oil.

No comments: