Saturday, May 17, 2008

Brasserie Firmin, Bd Lazare Carnot, Toulouse.

I always walked pass this place on the way to town. I called it the blue restaurant as it is painted blue on the outside and has lightings after dark that make it look blue. It has a display of seafood outside. I gave it a try last night. Went with a group of friends. As my wife has a weakness for seafood I had to order the Grand Blue (seafood plate) for two and a large crab, three main course and a rose wine. The seafood plate was huge. One thing about the seafood plate was that its served cold, not like what I am use to with all the variety of cooking that can be found in K.L.. The plate had a crab, oysters, mussels, snails and prawns. At the end of it I must say it was good.
The starters we had calamari with ink sauce. It tasted a bit spicy but I am not a big fan of the ink sauce. For the mains we all ordered the samething, the duck (canard in French). The duck was tender and the skin was crispy. Some how with my eating experience here in Toulouse, the poutry skin is always crispy when cooked.
The highlights of the night for me is the chocolate cake with ice cream on it. The chocolate cake was just nice, not too rice or not too dry. The cake had a soft centre and a serving of ice cream on top of it. I normally don't take desserts but I made an exception in this case. The total bill came to 166 Euros for 5 adults.


Bread and condiments for the seafood.
Grand Blue plate.
Mussels.
Oysters.
Snails.
Almost done...Jouclary Rose.


For Starters Calamari with ink sauce.
My other collegue had fish soup.
The mains, Canard.
Chocolate cake with ice cream.

No comments: