Friday, February 15, 2008

Hakka Food, Seapark.

Was actually planning to have the Seapark Yong Tau Fu yesterday but when we reached Seapark we found that the shop was closed for the CNY holidays. So looked around and we saw this place a few shops down and decided to try it. As it was still early for lunch (11 am) there were no customers and the owner of the place was still preparing the food. I was thinking I seldom try Hakka food even though I am Hakka myself so we gave it a try. As there was only the two of us we only order three dishes. One thing about Hakka food its nothing like Cantonese, nothing flashy or spectacular hence it give an impression that its poor mans food. I guess maybe it has something to do with the history of the clan. Anyway list in the menu reminded me of some of the things that my grandma use to cook. I would return next time to try something else.


Winey Chicken in claypot.
Preserved vegetables with pork.
Yam abacus.

No comments: