Friday, February 01, 2008

Whirl Wind Tour of Australia.

Recently last month, I had to a kangaroo trip in for some business trip in Australia. Kangaroo, I mean literately a hopping trip in Australia. I had to cover 5 Australian cities in 5 days. I had the shortest time available for me to complete my task. I planned the trip which started from Brisbane also took me to Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. Boy was it tiring but I was a sort of a challenge as I not done it before. I spend lonely nights at hotels and many more lonely hours in the airports. Checking into hotels late and checking out early in the morning to go to work. However I manage to squeeze in some time to look for some good food.


At times I spend so little time in the hotel room that I hardly made a mess of the room when I checked out.

The bed is the only mess I made during all my stay. The problem of checking in late into the hotels was that getting decent food as at times very difficult in Australia. Most of the time I normally end up having McDonalds or going to some Kebab shop around the corner of the hotel. This is what I call eating on the run. However there was some great food moments especially in Melbourne and Sydney. Maybe because these two cities had shops that open longer hours as compared to the others.
However, I did find some time in Melbourne to visit an Gelati Shop which was open till late night (surprisingly for Australian standards). One of my old colleague took me there. It was right in the city of Melbourne and this place is seems is very popular. The numerous customers forming the line at such late night proves it so.

I was told that the popular gelati was the durian flavour and the shop brings in the durian from Darwin a few times a week. Its so popular that the Durian flavoured Gelati had to be limited to only a maximum of 1 scoops per customer (who says Mat Salleh don't eat durian).

Since I love durian so much I had to try. I must say the it was the best gelati I had. Then again, I not eaten that many gelatis in my life. It was so good that I was tempted to go for another helping but they runned out shortly after that. Its not like any regular ice cream as its smooth and does not have any ice flakes in it. I know where to go when I am in Melbourne the next time.
Gelati Galore.

Notice the popular ones are almost empty.


My cone!!!!!

No comments: