Monday, January 04, 2010

Tianjin Day 2, China.

  1. Day 2, looking for dinner, decide to venture out towards the pedesdrian mall near the hotel. Boy!!! Everything seem to be big in China. its about the longest and widest pededrian mall I had seen. Anyway found this place at one of the off streets. Looked quite decent and most importantly they had a few places to sit outside, away from all the in door smoke.
  2. I notice the table I sat on had this chinese chess set printed on it which was knee high. It was like something out from yester years even though it look almost new. I was wondering why the table was so low and it was almost like squat level. But I must admit it was fairly comfortable.
  3. Anyway had a look at the menu, everything was in Chinese. I could read it but it had pictures. I ask what meat they had. Pork ribs and chicken steak came to mind. I decide to have the pork rib noodle. The noodle which I later found out was made from rice. It was the thickest rice noodles I had ever seen.
  4. As usual the bowl of pork rib rice noodle came too much for one person. Seem to have all the food groups in it too, protien, carbohidrates, fibre and fat...I fairly manage what I can and I had to leave the rest. I must say it was good.
  5. The thing about this large serving, I think seem to compensate for the fact that even if the food is just mediore, one then to forget about it due to its enormous size.
  6. Unfortuantely it was my last night stay in China for this trip. Maybe next time when I go back I be having a feast.






















No comments: