Monday, January 04, 2010

Tianjin, China.

  1. Had a trip to Tianjin, China last October. As this is my first trip to China and I didn't do any homework prior to me going in terms of looking for food. I hear a few things about the food in China but if you have not seen it it didn't mean much to me. I was expecting it to be very similar to Taiwan.
  2. One noticeable difference is the huge potions of servings they give when you order. I had notice this when I walked into the restaurants in the afternoon for some halal food wih my collegues. Unfortuantely I didn't take any photos of the Xinjiang halal as we were so hungry after a long journey taking photos were the furthest thing from my mind. However I did manage to take a phot of the guys outside barbequeing the meat skewers.
  3. For dinner, I was roaming around for some local food. I was looking around for a local place that had lots of customers. Saw this place behind the hotel Niiko that I was staying in. Walked in and knowing the portions I had to deal with, I told the waiter specifically that noodles for only one person and a bottle of beer. The noodles came enough for two people. It seems that if you serve a small portion, no one will come to the place anymore.
  4. Few things I despice about eating in a local place here is that the allow indoor smoking. And the Chinese really are chain smokers. The restaurant was so full of smoke that when I came out I thought I just had a pack myself.
  5. The other thing I found unappealing was that customers spit on the floor in the restaurant knowing other are having their dinner there. After a few of this incidences, I could finish my noodles and only had the beer and left the place.
  6. Well not that I was not warned.


























No comments: