Saturday, January 02, 2010

Mee goreng, Pulau Tikus Penang.

  1. To whom who had gone to Penang knows that it is famous for its good food. I was recently enlighten by a Penagite that Penange is not known for its good food but to be more precise known for its good hawker food. It seems restaurant food in Penang in serve so so food only.

  2. I guess this was only further reinforced when I was in Penang a few months ago. Had a drive to Penang so had the freedom to roam around to look around. Stumbled into Pulau Tikus one morning. It had a morning market and found this corner coffee shop with lots of people in it.
  3. There was this stall that had a sign with says "Jones Road Famous Mee Goreng". When you see a sign like that well you got to try it. Ordered a plate and of course Char Kuey Teow also. .
  4. I must say both tasted good but I like the Mee Goreng better. But somehow the mee goreng gave me the feeling of not eating it after half a plate. I can't describe it in English. It tasted good but this feeling just comes to me after that.
  5. Well after this short trip to Penang, I guess Penang hawker food is still the best.















No comments: