Friday, January 01, 2010

Restoran Kim Hoe, Pulau Ketam.

  1. Happy New Year 2010!!!! Boy! How time flies... I not been blogging for 11 months now. What suppose to be a short break turned out to be multiple short breaks which accumulated to almost a year. The good news is that this is one of my New Years resolution to continue with this blog. The other thing is that I had been taking frequent photos of the places I had been for my gastronomic appetite.
  2. A few week during the year end school holidays, I took a weekend trip to Pulau Ketam for a look around. The boat trip takes about half and hour depending if you on the fast or slow boat.
  3. This place came to sight as it was one of the first few eating place on the main street. A typical looking chinese restaurant, it ws packed with people during lunch. Ordered seafood and there was a fried oyster stall next door to this place. Ordered two large plates of fried oyster cakes, some crabs, vegetables, prawn and soup. It tasted reasonable but I found the trip and surrounding of the Island more memorable than the lunch I had.
  4. Would I return... maybe but maybe on a bigger occasion and in another restaurant. However eating on shops and house built on stilts over the mangrove swamp on an island off the mainland is an experience where on should try at least once in a life time.




















No comments: