Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tai Ka Lok, Ipoh.

I was looking for some breakfast in the morning. Stumbed onto this place behind the hotel I was staying in. The street seems to be a food haven. I saw many shops there but they were closed in the morning so I think they must open at night. There were a few that were open in the morning. This street is facing the ExcelsiorHotel at Jalan Seenivasagam. As I am not familiar with Ipoh food location, I decided to observe the shop. It turned out to have a steady stream of customers, it was not packed but people keep coming and going. I thought this must be reasonable.
It turned out to sell soup or "kon low" "kuey teow" with some stuffed "yong tau foo" that goes with it. As Ipoh is famous for its Kuey teow noodles, before eating I have no doubt that it will be good with its "nga choy". Indeed the noodles was good as it partically melts in your mouth. The sides dishes was also good. One thing about this type of noodles and side offering that it doesn't leave you guilty of eating too much fat and your mouth does not have a greasy feeling after taste. The content of the sides dishes may not reflect so but it does taste like healthy food. Two thumbs up for this.




No comments: