Monday, September 15, 2008

East Ocean Restaurant, Menglembu Ipoh.


















Had a trip to Ipoh last weekend for a wedding. Stopped by Menglembu for some lunch. I not been back to Ipoh for three years now and in fact even longer for Menglembu. I was surprise that Menglembu had lost most of its charm. New building had been erected in place of old ones. For this matter Ipoh city also had lost its charm. I use to enjoy going thru the old colonial building in town centre but last week, unsightly new buildings puncture the scenery of the city in patching lending an eye sore to the city. Ipoh is fast losing its old charm.
Anyway back to the food. We stop here for some lunch. Order some common and simple dishes. The house favourite is the salted steamed chicken. That was really good. I ordered also some vegetable that I not had eaten before. They say its planted in Cameron Highlands. I tasted a bit like spring onions but I was unable to determine what it was let along translate it into English. The cantonese fired noodles was also my other favourite. The total bill only came to slightly under RM50. I thought that was cheap with such high quality food.

Fried Kuey Teow (dry type).

















Steamed Salted chicken.

















Garlic with soy sauce.

















Spring Onions with fried squid?

















Cantonese fried noodles.

No comments: