Saturday, September 13, 2008

Soon Fatt, Sri Petaling.



















I was told that this place serves good seafood at reasonable prices. As I passed this place to attend a wedding last week, I decide to give it a try the other day. As there were three of us I couldn't order many things so we decided to try something new. What was recommended for us was the herbal soup with "Kampung Chicken" (free range chicken in English I guess), young onion sprout cooked with pork and the asam fish. Other than that had the "kum heong" crab for the wife. I presonably liked the asam fish. As the fish was fried it was very crispy but the gravy was too concentrated and sour so you have to take it with rice to enhance this dish. I remembered someone telling me sometime ago that if restaurants fry fish it means that it is not fresh fish. The frying helps mask the refridgeratored taste. Well this one didn't taste all that bad. My other recommendation is the herbal soup chicken. It definately tasted good at night.
The price was quite reasonable. All this for only RM96 for food only. I would definately make a visit to this place again.





















































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Errr what is "kamping" chicken? The Mystic is mystified hehehe.