Saturday, March 29, 2008

Welcome Seafood Restautant, Sunway Mentari.

My wife recently is on a crab eating spree. I am not fan of crabs but I am dragged into these restaurants....HE HE HE!! The other day I had a flyer out into my mail box about this place in Sunway Mentari that offers RM9.90 for Shark Fin soup and RM29.90 for Buddha Jump over the wall. I never tried this Buddha Jump Over the Wall before. I heard stories that it tasted so good the even a monk after trying it will jump over the wall to leave the monestary. That Good AH???? Like that must try since it was also on special offer. Drove to Sunway Mentari with a few friend and the wife. Found the place. We hesitated to enter in the first place as the place did not have any customers. No customers, bad food? Then again I thought looks can be deceiving ( as I learnt recently) so never mind try first time la.
We knew exactly what we wanted. I had the sharks fin soup and the rest had the Buddha Jump over the wall. Here now in this post, I will only speak of this Buddha Jump over the wall. I was surprise that its actually a soup filled with seafood, scollops and abolone. Didn't look that interesting from the onset. I had a sip of the soup. It tasted like Herbal soup! It didn't have this great taste that I would imagine. I just tasted like ordinary herbal soup! I wonder why the Buddha will Jump over the wall for this!!! For me I would jump back into the monestary.
The rest of the food tasted only fair nothing great to shout about. I sure I will not return to this place again if I had a choice. Now this place looks was not deceiving, it was the real thing!


Curry Fish Head.
Honey Pork Ribs.
Hong Kong Kailan.
Sharks Fin Soup.
Buddha Jump Over the Wall.

No comments: