Friday, March 14, 2008

Nasi Berani, Masjid Lama Nilai.

I go to this place during only special occasions. Occasions were we in my office feel like celebrating something. Its a special place. This place is actually situated inside the mosque compound and customers or different races and religious believes walks into the mosque compound during lunch for the fantastic meal. This place only sells nasi berani only twice a week (Tuesday and Thursdays) and that also you need to pre order by phone. No walk in customers are allowed to order the berani. Inducing articifial demand by the supplier? This berani sold at this mosque is actually the one similar you get in Dubai or the original one from India (I heard, I not been to India before). Unlike other places in KL or PJ, this place uses long grain rice for the berani and the chicken is actually cook inside the rice. They produce limited amounts on Tuesdays and Thursdays and when I arrive there its normally almost finish.
The special thing about this rice is that unlike other places, this one is spicy but not hot or oily. It relatively easy to eat large amounts of it. The price is also reasonable at RM6 per plate with a big piece of chicken in it. The mee goreng too will be my next order as I was told is pretty good too.




The big container that use to cook the berani. Limited supply even on Tue or Thu.


No comments: