Monday, December 29, 2008

Mobile Lok Lok, Puchong Opposite IOI.

When it comes to Lok Lok (steam boat) Fatman always comes to mind nowadays. There must be this industrialist whom thought what happened to all this lok lok that was around in the 70's. I remember seeing this stalls in front of cinemas and before the movie starts, my dad will take me to this lok lok stalls and 'makan'. As the lok lok comes in skewers, it doesn't fill up a person unless he/she eats l0ts of it. Hence it was a light meal. However in the 80's and 90's I don't remenber seeing any stalls selling lok lok anymore. It was a dying business.
This person must have come up with the idea to revive it at the turn of the century. Well I rememner only Fatman was the one I can see frequently around a few years back. I have to give it to the person whom thought of reviving an old product and giving it a new outlook. With hawkers not being allowed to peddle their fare at any permanent location next the the streets by the local councils, mobility is the key now. Hence you see many hawkers use mini lorries to speddle their trade.
There is this place at Puchong, opposite IOI mall that have a large number of lok lok stalls set up every night. Initially it started with only one vehicle and slowly many more decided to stop there to peddle their trade. Now I counted almost 10 stalled there inlcuding a someone selling bubble tea. Judging from the crowd they draw everynight business must be good. I frequent this place often during late at night when you feel you need something light to eat. When ever I go I always wonder how long these traders will get to sell at this place. It is located next this hugh contruction site which is almost completed. I guess its going to be a office mall of some sort. I am thinking that once this place is completed these hawkers will not be allowed to sell there anymore.








































3 comments:

-Soulreaper- said...

Hi...i wan to oparate this business at kk..any suggestion for me?

cinasami said...

I am not here to provide any comments on running a business. The following comments are purely my opinion. But I think one of the issues here will be pricing. In KK even with lower salaries there but the cost of living is almost like KL. You hv to decide on selling with a premium price or make profit by selling in volume.

cinasami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.