Friday, November 30, 2007

Taipei Food Part 1.

Was in Taipei for a few days last week. This was my second trip there. From my previous experience, the Taipei street food the a must for tourist to try. There so many variaties and variations of food that one is spoilt for choices. One of the best places to have street food is at thier night markets. The size of the popular Taiwanese night markets are not like ours, its many tim bigger and the range of goods sold there are wide that it puts our pasar malam to shame.
As I made contact with the some friends in Taipei prior going, I had transport that took me to many place. The Taiwanese are known for thier exception friendlyness and hospitality to foreigners.
I made a trip to the Tamsui night market located at the about 40 minutes from Taipei. I was told that one of the speciality there is the so called "Tek Taan" or Iron Egg. I was so curious that I bought one for myself. Its tasted like our version of the "york choy taan" but only harder. It sold individually or vacuum packed to be sold. I was told that you can't get it anywhere else in the night markets in Taipei only in the nigh market in Tamsui. Intersting...




No comments: