Sunday, February 28, 2010

Coliseum Cafe and Hotel, K.L.

  1. I heard so much about this place on it's food and history that when, in the rare occasion, I was in the city the other day I had to stop by and visit this place for lunch. This place was indeed old with a mixture of furnishing dating back to the colonial times with new ones put in as replacements. However for reasons only known to the proprietors it's not as well kept as one would hope for such a historic place. Maybe because its not been designated as a heritage site and it may not receive funding as such.
  2. Back to the food. As such it must have been a very popular place before as it offered western and European cuisine to cater for the expats then. Offers like the sizzling steak must have been extremely popular back then.
  3. As it was common now to get a steak almost anywhere in the country now, I suspect people whom patron this place must be a die hard fan or just out of curiosity like me whom had not been but want to know what the fuss is all about. I must say once in here it does gives you one nostalgic feeling and brings one back to times where it only a selected clientele can afford this place.
  4. As for the food, honestly the atmosphere and history of the whole place overwhelms what I had ordered for my first visit.










































No comments: