Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oriental Pavillion, Section 14.

Had a much awaited family reunion dinner here. I not been to Jaya 33 before but this place looked nice from outside. On the night we were there they even had a wedding dinner going on. But this time I had lots more to eat. The Buddha Jump Over the Wall (BJOW)was much talked about for th enight. As this is only my second time having it, I didn't have much put much thought into it. I didn't fancy it the first time i had it. I remembered that it left a bad fishy after taste in mouth. As for this place, the BJOW didn't have the bad after taste but it tasted like herbal soup. I must admit, I do not know how to appreciate it.
The next dish that I want to talk about was the roast suckling piglet. This I can appreciate. The sinful fat and all. After the skin was eaten up by all of us they even bucthered the carcass and fired it one more time.
To be honest there nothing spectacular about the food here. It tasted just like the chinese restaurant in any hotel. I still prefer food in the not so clean restaurants that attract many people in obscure places or maybe I not the polish person that enjoys ordinary food at high prices.

Steam Patin fish.

BBQ WHole Suckling Piglet.
Baised Seasonal Vegetable wih Century & Salted Egg.
Deep Fried Piglet (left overs).
Deep fried Soft shell Crab.
Deluxe Buddha Jump Over the Wall.
Butterfly buns that go with the Piglet.
Braised Egg Noodle Village Style.
DOuble Boiled Snow Pear with Sea Coconut.

No comments: