Monday, December 03, 2007

Taipei Food Part 6 - Keelung night market.

More photos on Keelung night market. There were a few unual things I saw. Firstly the almond tea, I've never heard of it before. I was walking past this stall and there was a distingtive foul aroma and I thought it was the "chao tau fu" but it turned out to be the grounded almond nuts. I smelt horrible but after a few sniffs I somehow got use to it. I had a little but of it (almond nuts) to drink and it tasted a bit like soya milk. It seems it good for help (isn't everything everyone claims these days). Another usual scene was a chapati man. People from the sub-continent are a rare sight in Taiwan. What was more surprising is that them doing business in the night market speaking mandarin. I guess when you need to survive you learn anything.

Takoyaki
Tea Leaves.
Siow Loong Pau stall.
Almond Tea.
Almond tea.
Chapati.


No comments: