Friday, December 07, 2007

BEan Sprouts Chicken Rice -USJ 14.

When ever I pass by USJ 14 in the evenings or late at night, there is this shop facing the main road that is always crowded with customers. I had to stop by and have a look at what was so popular there. I had frequent Restaurant Meisek during the mornings but never at night. I found out that they were selling white chicken and all the customers are only eating that. Even the 'Tai Chao' in the same place had too close down because this stall was so popular that they took all the customers.
So off I went with the wife and order half a chicken and some 'kuey toew' soup. Being a chicken man myself I must say the chicken had nice tasty smooth skin and the meat was tender. I always wondered why the chicken is not hot. But there may be an explaination to it.
I heard once from my sister that after steaming the chicken they put the chicken into ice water so that the skin becomes smooth and tender. Thats why they alway serve white chicken at room temperature.
Anyway this place is so popular that by the time we were there around 8 pm, most of the chicken had been sold out and more was being prepared. As always when the place becomes popular, the boss also becomes arrogant. She does have time to wait and take orders. I guess it maybe the last time I go there.


Half White Chicken.
Kuey Teow Soup.

No comments: