Saturday, December 01, 2007

Taipei Food Part 3 - Breakfast.

During one of the mornings we decided to have breakfast Taiwanese style. Walked to one of the small shops near the hotel that sold a typical Taiwanese fare. It was a fare walk from the hotel but I wanted to try the "you tiao" i.e. the "yao char kuai". A typical breakfast may consist of soya milk (sweet or salted) with "you tiao" or "siow loong pao". Anyway since I rarely had the change I ordered all including the "vor tiak" or pancake and a plain "man tao". The "siow loong pao" and the pancake was the best. I made it a point to have it on this trip as from my last trip I had it and I know it was good.
The soya milk was of different texture than the once we get over here. It taste better and I dip the "you tiao" into it. The "you tiao" also is long and cruncy unlike the onces we get here that are hard and short (I think in Malaysia we "tao kung kam liew" on this).
One thing I notice about Taiwanese everyday food, they give you large enough portion only for you to feel just right, not too much or too little.

You tiao, Soya milk and plain man tao.
Stuff pancake with egg and meat floss.

Siow Loong Pao.

No comments: